Nf-phonocable stereo pair Epilogue QuadCore HighEnd, 4 x 0.14 mm² | EMC Special XLR / EMC Special XLR, NEUTRIK®
Denna produktserie är EMC anpassad och kontakterna från Neutrik har inbyggda komponenter för att skapa något som även kallas ”hybride grounding”, för att delvis få bukt med pinne 1 problem och jordslingor.
Detta kablage (EPB1-serien) skall inte förväxlas med snarlik modell (EP1B-serien) som inte har EMC specialkontakterna!
Detta är en referensprodukt från Sommer Cable.
You can always make a mountain out of a mole hill …
… and that’s why we really worked up a sweat when we developed the EPILOGUE reference cable: As requested by many purists, we ventured on the “technical and audiophile“ summit and came up with a product which, in tests conducted by renowned studios, proved to be superior to cables costing many times more. Based on our quad star multicore, we have packed four wires into one jacket which allows them to be connected in a crossover mode to reduce the capacitive value. The wires are 100 % shielded by a tight copper mesh and a semiconductor. For enhanced conductivity all four wires have a carbon conductor smoothing. The EPILOGUE ensures – and this without a prolonged break-in time – an absolutely neutral reproduction with excellent dynamics.
The EPILOGUE has been on the market since late 2002 and already soon after was able to stand its ground in many reviews. It is the defi nitive reference cable with serious hifi dealers who attach great importance to a linear transmission, instead of decorating the vitrines with “candy-coloured power current lines“. Among others, it also graces the Skyline Studios in Düsseldorf which have a worldwide reputation for high-class productions.
We recommend this cable for connecting preamps and power amplifi ers, audiophile CD and SACD players, turntables and of course for professional studio applications. Owing to its low wire-to-wire capacitance of approx. 35 pF and based on experience, it will produce almost no losses with a maximum length of 10 metres. Due to its elaborate processing and sophisticated wiring, the EPILOGUE is offered exclusively as a ready-made set.
The connector is a modified, HD-PTFE insulated HICON RCA connector which has been given a special finishing treatment, a sumptuous shielding and an engraving for the two channels. It is not available through commercial shops. Please make sure before your purchase that it is an original cable manufactured by us. For balanced applications also available with “SATIN“ XLR connectors whose male and female versions both have turned, hard gold-plated contacts and a capacitive cable screento- shell connection against HF interference. This special EMC version with a 360° screen contact is made by NEUTRIK® exclusively for SOMMER CABLE.
- Very neutral, spatial sound image without colourations for the perfect reproduction, especially of classical instruments
- Conservative, yet flashy look in the British tradition
- Absolute reference in many renowned recording and mastering studios
- Extremely low capacitance of 35 pF wire/wire (crossover)
- Tested on almost all high-end systems from acknowledged brands (fine-tuned on the reference systems B&W Nautilus & Matrix Series as well as STAX Headphones Japan
- Gold-plated HICON connectors with S-PTFE insulation or NEUTRIK® EMC Special XLR “SATIN“ with turned, gold-plated pins and 360° screen contact
- Connection for highest demands (pre/power amplifier, CD player, SACD, DVD-Audio, phono etc.)
- Phono cable for linear systems with particularly low colourations
- Balanced high-end connection in reference studios
2 x NEUTRIK® XLR, 3-pole , Velvet Chrome housing-, Soldering-male connector, hard gold plated contact(s), straight, Velvet Chrome (NC3MXX-EMC-SOM)
2 x NC3FXX-EMC-SOM-D